banner image
banner image

I've become severely depressed from my acne and need help/tips

Hey guys. I'm a 27yo female, and I've had acne since I was about 14 I think. It usually shows up around my jawline/cheeks but when I'm especially stressed it will show up easily on my forehead.

Through high school I tried different topicals and antibiotics but the thing that worked for me was Accutane. It worked on my face for a bit but the acne came back. It worked on my back pretty much for good though. I get some acne on my back and chest now but rarely.

Fast forward to 19 years old. I got diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, which is the kind where your pancreas doesn't produce any insulin and you have to inject it yourself 24/7. To make a long ass story short I've talked to 6940586034 doctors over the years and have been told my hormones from diabetes/PCOS are affecting my acne.

Here's a picture of what it currently looks like which is actually much better than it has been the past couple years because in November I went vegan. I've also been on Clindamycin lotion, Fabior foam and Doxycycline 2x a day for almost 2 months. My skin is still dry af.

So question is this: Does anyone else have ideas or tips on how I can deal with my hormonal acne? I've got a lot of shit going on inside me like diabetes, PCOS and stress (my mother died at the beginning of February unexpectedly) and I feel like I've tried so much but no matter what the acne is ALWAYS there.

I take Zoloft for depression already but still feel extremely depressed about my skin. I don't want to look anyone in the eye, I find myself hanging my head down so my hair covers my face a lot. I can't put makeup on right now because the skin flakes off from the Fabior foam still "working". Help, this is ruining my life.

submitted by /u/ouimonchat
[link] [comments]

from Acne http://ift.tt/2CoA8JR
I've become severely depressed from my acne and need help/tips I've become severely depressed from my acne and need help/tips Reviewed by Admin on February 26, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

banner image
Powered by Blogger.