banner image
banner image

Skyla IUD possibly causing hormonal breakouts?

On January 10th, I went to my GYN and got a Skyla IUD inserted. Since then, my forehead has been breaking out nonstop.

I was previously on the BC Cryselle for years and had a strict face cleansing routine. I'd wash my face with a mild cleanser, use toner, a 2% salicyclic acid all over, and olive oil to moisturize in the morning. At night, it was basically the same routine, but add a gentle exfoliating wash and use 10% benzoyl peroxide instead of the salicyclic acid. My skin was great, I only got a few pimples around that time of the month and occasional blackheads.

After I got Skyla, I continued my same exact routine, but everything shortly went to hell. I started using Differin gel about 2-3 weeks ago hoping it would help, (replacing the benzoyl with Differin). My chin, nose, and upper lip did the "purge" thing that I expected, but it seems like my forehead is still in that phase while the rest of my face is clear again. It's like a cluster of red bumps, some with yellow-y pus, some just red and irritated.

Seeing it every morning and not seeing results is frustrating me with my appearance and skin. Has anyone else had these issues? How did you overcome or cope with them?

submitted by /u/einhornschlag
[link] [comments]

from Acne http://ift.tt/2F8pXKw
Skyla IUD possibly causing hormonal breakouts? Skyla IUD possibly causing hormonal breakouts? Reviewed by Admin on February 26, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

banner image
Powered by Blogger.